VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYS THE LORD


VENGEANCE - PUNISHMENT INFLICTED OR RETRIBUTION EXACTED FOR AN INJURY OR WRONG.

My son tells me from time to time again. Mom so and so did this to me and I must now get my VENGEANCE. I am like what? How do you plan on doing that? Don't you know VENGEANCE  is for The Lord to take. Of course his normal answer is always, Why do you ALWAYS have to put God in this? I laugh, because as he grows he will learn. GOD IS ALWAYS IN IT! The sooner we recognize it the better we are. But back to the subject at hand.

What does VENGEANCE  mean to you?

How do you handle when someone wrongs you with actions or words?

Do you think of how you can get VENGEANCE?

I remember not that long ago I wanted VENGEANCE on someone. I held on to the wrong they did me like it was a badge of honor. Any chance I got to tell about it and then to verbally attack that person, I jumped on it. It was my duty to inform everyone of how they treat people.

Boy, did that not bite me in my behind. I kept failing and failing at things I was trying to do. While I was going through it, I saw nothing wrong with what I was doing. I thought I was right and I had every right to do it.

See taking my VENGEANCE got me nowhere. It brought me down more and more. It started to make me an ugly person. Yes people were patting me on my back, but I was so miserable.

What I did next was a real shocker to people.

I went and asked for forgiveness from that person. I told her that I was wrong for my actions. NO she didn't apologize for her actions but that didn't matter. I already forgave her.

What it did do was free me from the heaviness of sin.

See my friends in King Jesus Christ it is not up to us to seek revenge on someone. It is our duty as children of God to turn the other check and let Him handle the problem/situation. 

He knows what needs to be done. He is the judge.

So my friends don't seek VENGEANCE. Seek LOVE. Seek forgiveness. Seek your Savior.

He knows what is best for your soul.

Ask the Holy Spirit to calm you before you go and sin against your brother or sister just because they did it to you.

Remember God will have His VENGEANCE you need not worry.

LET MY DRY BONES COME TO LIFE FOR YOUR GLORIOUS KINGDOM TODAY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steadfast Saturday

BITTERNESS

Obedience